It is important that you take out your own contents insurance. In the event of, say, fire, water damage, etc., the residence hall’s insurance covers renovation of the housing, but not rehousing and potential damage to your contents (your things). Therefore, we recommend that everyone takes out contents insurance. You should contact an insurance company to find out which other insurances you should take out.